Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Village Baker, West Jordan

Stars: 4.5 out of 5

Location:
1658 West 9000 South, West Jordan, Utah


Atmosphere:
Wonderful cooking establishment setup as a delivery or take-out bakery.

Food:
They bake bread, desserts, rolls and yes even pizza. The Village Baker has the best tasting bread I have ever eaten on a sandwich. I have tried their Honey Wheat, Honey White, White, and Sour Dough bread and I really like the Honey Wheat and Honey White breads. We picked up a couple sandwiches and their broccoli cheese soup. I choose the Turkey Provolone sandwich with Honey Wheat bread and it was delicious. My eyes were bigger than my stomach though because I couldn't finish the whole sandwich. I would have been fine with a half sandwich and the soup, it was big. They put a good amount of portions on the sandwich and make it worth the price. If you don't eat a lot I would recommend the soup and half sandwich.

A couple weeks ago I tried their pizza and it wasn't too bad. The crust was little more fluffy then I would have liked it , probably because of all the yeast, but the pizza tasted very good.

Overall, I would definitely go back and get a sandwich anytime I was craving one for lunch. I believe these are one of the best sandwiches made in the valley.

Village Baker on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment