Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Leatherbys Ice Cream Outlet

Stars: 3 out of 5

Location:
778 West Center Street, Midvale, Utah

Atmosphere:
Cold (A/C was blasting), small, dining area with several tables. Small, quiet area with just enough space for a small chat with friends.

Food:
I came to try the ice cream because it was at a discounted price and I absolutely love the ice cream at the Leatherby's restaurant in Taylorsville, Utah. When I walked in I was surprised to see that they sell tamales, tacos and burritos. Well, since I was hungry and I like tamales and Ice cream I decided to order both. My one tamale was $1.75 and the double scoop vanilla waffle cone was $3.25. The tamale hit the spot but I thought it was a little pricey for the amount I received. The vanilla waffle cone had just the right amount of ice cream but I did detect some freezer burn when I was eating it. Over all the Ice cream hit the spot and enticed me to go to the real store in Taylorsville to get a "Marie's Hot Fudge Sundae", mmmmm. I think I might go back sometime to get a quick ice cream fix but I may have to look for a better price if I want a good tamale.

Leatherby's Family Creamery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment